How to choose effective pesticide for tomato?
Tomato is mainly affected by Fruit borer, aphid, whitefly, leaf miner, thrips, nematode, mite, Diamond back moth, caterpillar, and beetle.
Here we share a table which can help you select pesticide based on its effect.
We have classified pesticides in five types based on their site of action Viz.
- Nerve and Muscle
- Growth and
Here is an example:
if you are looking for control of Fruit borer on Tomato using a pesticide that affects nerve and muscle, you have a choice of following pesticides
- CARBARYL 50% WP
- CHLORANTRANILIPROLE 18.5% SC
- CYANTRANILIPROLE 10.26% OD
- FLUBENDIAMIDE 20% WG
- FLUBENDIAMIDE 39.35% M/M SC
- INDOXACARB 14.5% SC
- LAMBDA-CYHALOTHRIN 4.9% CS
- LAMBDA-CYHALOTHRIN 5% EC
- PHOSALONE 35% EC
- QUINALPHOS 20% AF
- QUINALPHOS 25% EC
- Thiamethoxam 12.6% + Lambda cyhalothrin 9.5%ZC
- Chlorantraniliprole 8.8% w/w + Thiamethoxam 17.5 % w/w SC
However, if you have already used any one of them then you can use one from the following sets.
Those acting on midgut
- BACILLUS THURINGIENSIS
- NPV HELICOVERPA ARMIGERA 0.43% AS
- NPV HELICOVERPA ARMIGERA 2.0% AS
OR Those acting on respiration
- NOVALURON 10% EC
The best way is to use a pesticide that has more than one action Viz.
- Novaluron 5.25% + Indoxacarb 4.5% SC (has an effect on growth as well as nerve and muscle)
You can try searching for the following table.